The more things change the more opportunities for the ones who are prepared. So surfing change like a pro is vital to your future and to the futures of those you lead.
It’s been said that chance favors the prepared mind. And, Coach John wooden said, ‘When opportunity shows up it’s too late to get ready.’ And, Robert Kiyosaki, author of ‘Rich Dad, Poor Dad’ writes that when you are properly educated financially that you can make money in any market condition that may arise.
Yesterday, my wife, Julie and our two boys were driving through the vast nothingness that is Wyoming on our way from Yellowstone National Park to Denver, Colorado. Out there in that vast expanse there were oil fields with pumps pumping and large tanks strewn here and there adorned by vast fields of white giant wind turbines [ windmills ] And, the most iconic image [ a picture I so wish I had stopped and taken! ] was of a diesel locomotive train hauling nothing but wind turbine blades. That was it, diesel locomotive on one end and then several dozen wind turbine blades strung end to end and then another diesel locomotive at the other end like long slender pearls on a necklace. In addition out on the road with me in Wyoming were lots of RVs, diesel trucks and quite a few Teslas.
THOSE ARE ALL ICONS OF CHANGE.
Whether we like it or not - or whether we are prepared for it or not — the winds of change are here driving powerful swelling waves to be surfed by those who know how.
And, those who are prepared will reap great benefits from the change. Those who are not prepared will be retired to the sidelines of life and become critics of the change who will report often and loudly about how unfair all of this is.
So, driving down the highway with my young men I wanted to do all I could to inspire them to prepare to capitalize on all the change that is coming.
Here are a few things I shared with them:
1. Change is here and more is coming. Find a way to surf the winds of change.
2. Become life long learners. Always be reading, listening to great minds on podcasts, and tapping into the power of Master Mind Alliances [ like the Rising Leader Alliance which you can tap into here: https://forms.aweber.com/form/77/1603387277.htm ]
3. Prepare now because when your chance comes it’s too late to get ready. You will have missed your golden ticket.
4. If you don’t prepare there are millions of others who are preparing and they will gladly share in the spoils of the great wins coming to those who surf change well.
5. As American citizens you have the right to ‘free enterprise’ — that is, the right to start and build businesses to bring great things to life and make the world better in the process. [ Plus, the U.S. Tax code favors business owners. That’s on purpose so that business owners who have the chutzpah to risk free enterprising will provide jobs for those who do not share that same sort of risk taking ability. You have access to this same ability to find a way to start your own business if it bothers you that there are tax advantages for those who do so. ]
6. I encouraged them to consider apprenticing for a season of their life by going to work for the market leaders in their respective areas of interest and then to let those companies teach them the ropes for 10 to 12 years and then to parlay all that learning into businesses of their own.
7. I encouraged them both to read or re-read Kiyosaki’s classic book, ‘Rich Dad, Poor Dad’.
And, if you were with me in that long ride through the beautiful expanse of nothingness that is Wyoming I would have shared the same ideas with you.
Here’s to YOU becoming the person of influence that you dream of becoming.
Hope this helps you lead better than ever before!
ALL THE BEST,
P.S. Here are some other ways we can connect:
Rising Leader Alliance Emails by Jeff Fuson = https://forms.aweber.com/form/77/1603387277.htm
Web = http://www.jefffuson.com
Facebook = http://www.Facebook.com/JeffFusonMotivation
I help people win at what matters most in life, in love and in business.